Sunday 21 October 2012

Favourite Words

Minutia posts have been a little thin on the ground recently. Busy, busy, busy! Doing what I cannot even remember! This is one of my back up posts, an idea that I have had brewing for a while. It is a list of my favourite words.

I am very picky about the words I use. I like to mean exactly what I say. I can get into a bit of a tizz if I can't think of the correct word to use. This has become particularly important since I've has children. My brain has turned to mush, and there are days that I struggle horribly for coherence. On occasion I have even made up words! These strange hybrids are little mixtures of two words that describe what I want to say. They are my word mutants- they LIVE!!!! My favourite is made up word is one I used to describe how splendid my fabulous (honorary) big sister looked one day. My brain couldn't decide between glamorous and lovely, so I said she looked 'glamly', I still use it :) Enjoy this selection of my favourite words.
 
 
cannula
 
dreadnought
 
steadfast
 
polyp
 
impediment
 
adamant
 
flimflam
 
ungulate
 
wretched
 
dewlap
 
nincompoop
 
libation
 
berserk
 
hearth
 
wrasse
 
ruminant
 
smut
 
falafel
 
ocelot
 
concur
 
efficacy
 
dulcet
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment